Wednesday, June 1, 2011

UPDATE: DIY Laundry Soap

I've been reading more about homemade laundry soap and really wanted to try the same recipe with a different soap so I could have a comparison.  I bought a bar of Zote Pink laundry soap last night and made a new batch of laundry soap this morning.  The difference was I didn't need to freeze the Zote and I only used half a bar.

I cut the bar in half, grated it with my cheese grater, mixed in the baking soda and borax and then mixed it up in my food processor to get it smooth.  I only need half a bar of Zote because its about twice the size of a regular bar of soap.

Once I was all done mixing everything up it looked like this:



My favorite color!  Score! (as a side note, I am no photographer so please excuse my pic quality)

I am going to do another 5-6 loads of laundry to see if I notice any difference between the Zote and Ivory soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment